Drink Up – It’s National Coffee Day!
No matter your preference – light roast, dark roast, espresso, latte, hot or cold – just the aroma of coffee excites the senses. We know you don’t need a reason to have that cup of joe, but it’s National Coffee Day so we wanted to give you some fun yet interesting facts about your favorite drink.
- Legend has it that a 9th-century Ethiopian goat herder discovered coffee by accident. He noticed how crazy the beans were making his goats.
- Coffee beans are actually found in the pit of a berry, which makes them, the best and most potent fruit!
- The first webcam was invented at The University of Cambridge to let people know if the coffee pot was full or not.
- It’s loaded with antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that can improve your health. Antioxidants help the body fight the process of oxidation, which causes wear and tear on vital cells and lead to serious illnesses.
- Coffee drinkers have a much lower risk
of several serious diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Dementia and Parkinson’s.
- It’s a great fat burner. That’s right ladies and gents, the key ingredient in coffee, caffeine, is one of the very few natural substances that have actually been proven to aid fat burning.
- Coffee protects the liver. Whether decaffeinated or regular coffee, studies have shown that coffee consumption was linked to lower levels of abnormal liver enzymes.
- Increased physical performance. Caffeine is one of the best substances that enhance an individual’s energy use or production and is known to help athletes train harder and longer.
- I’m sure you noticed but we added it anyway, coffee just makes you happier.
Scientists have proven that the antioxidants in coffee stimulate the release of the neurotransmitter dopamine which produces the euphoria and pleasant feelings you associate with happiness.
In celebration of National Coffee Day, Dunkin Donuts is offering discounts, so, grab another cup and enjoy knowing all these cool, new facts. Here’s to your health!