12 Broward College North Campus Students Recognized by DECA
For the very first time in Florida Association of Collegiate DECA history, Broward College North Campus student participants placed in the top five for every entered category at the recent 51st Annual DECA State Competition.
The competition boasted participants from 28 chapters representing colleges from across the state including University of Florida, FSU, FAU and FIU. Broward College was the only team to have every member recognized for a top five finish. Each competitive event included a case study or exam, a fifteen minute presentation, and a panel interview by experts in each business category. Broward College North Campus students exhibited a high level of critical thinking, poise, and knowledge of the category. As a result of their high rankings, the Broward College North Campus DECA students have earned the opportunity to compete at the International Competition in Washington, DC in April. The students were not the only recipients of high accolades from the Florida Association of Collegiate DECA; Steven Gross, assistant professor of business administration, was named the Advisor of the Year for the State of Florida.
Students Recognized For Top Five Finish:
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing: Madison Land and Jason Darrow, first in state
- Event Planning: Madison Land and Nour Albakry, second in state
- Marketing Management: Cristhian Polanco, third in state
- Fashion Merchandising and Marketing: Britt Kerr, third in state
- Financial Statement Analysis: Annette Strom and Ella Burburan, third in state
- Entrepreneurship-Starting a Business: Cristhian Polanco, fourth in state
- Human Resource Management: Ashley Bennett, fourth in state
- Sales Marketing Management: Jason Darrow, fifth in state
- Retail Management: Ashley Bennett, fifth in state